The Medieval Combat Society
Location: Rampton, Cambridgeshire
The first reference to the Church is from 1092, but Saxon graveslabs indicate an earlier date. The chancel arch is the oldest part of the church, and the north column dates from the 12th Century, and the south column, aslo 12th Century, was moved to its current location in 1330 during the building of the arch and Lady chapel. Early Medieval wall paintings survive including one of St Christopher and one of St George.
Warin de Isle, died shortly before 7 December 1296. His wife Alice, daughter of Sir Piers de Montfort, of Beaudsert, Warwickshire, Alice later remarried.
Engraved slab in the nave with a floriated cross with Lombardic characters to Sir Nicholas de Huntingdon, given as 1350.
Medieval Church Paintings