The Medieval Combat Society
Location: Leckhampton, Gloucestershire
A church has stood at Leckhampton since Norman times and the earliest recorded parish priest is in 1162. John Giffard is thought to have ordered the builing of the Nave, Sanctuary, tower and North aisle of the Church. The north porch is from the 14th Century. The font is Norman. In the 19th Century extensive restoration occurred.
John Giffard, died 1330 and wife, the tomb originally occupied what is now the lady Chapel. Sir John was originally to his lady's left but when the tomb was moved they were swapped over. John was the Lord of the Manor of Leckhampton from 1300-1330
14th Century Monumental Effigies from Church yard