The Medieval Combat Society
Opening Information: Local Keyholder absent in July 2005. Church open March 2006
The church dates from the 12th Century and was dedicated to St Mary the Virgin in 1315. In the 14th Century piers divide the church into north and south aisles.
1365 Thomas of Dodewell
1375 Richard of Maddeley
1378 Hugh Bray
Clifford, 1300, in ring mail and surcoat with a shield on his left arm and his feet resting on a dog.
Lady, 1310, probably a lady of the Clifford family.
Civilian mid 14th Century, the effigy is 3ft 6" in length with the head resting on a pillow, and his feet rest on a dog.