The Medieval Combat Society
Location: Wood Street, Clyffe Pypard, Wiltshire
Opening Information: Open during the Day Easter to October. Key holders listed in porch.
A church has stood here from the 13th Century and it is first recorded in 1273. It is thought that the Church may have been founded by John de Cobham who died in 1300. The tower, naive, aisle and porch are 15th Century and the Chancel was rebuilt with a Vestry added in 1861. In 1341 the tithe received by the vicar was 3 sillings per year and the church had about 30 acres of land.
John de Cobham, 1300, Chalk Effigy.
Henry de Cobham 1380, cousin of John de Cobham, Henry was lord of the Manor of Clyffe Pypard in 1355.
Medieval Wall Paintings