The Medieval Combat Society
A Saxon Church existed on the site and from around 700 by John of Beverley who was canonised in 1037. The present church was built around his tomb and was started in 1220 and finished in 1425, being the 4th church on the site. St Johns remains lie in the nave. Henry V visited the Minster to give thanks after the Battle of Agincourt. Between 1390 and 1420 the great West towers were added.
Nicholas de Huggate, died 1338.